Frequently Asked Questions
The “NFPA”, National Fire Protection Association, suggest every 1 to 2 years for an inspection. After any major seismic event or catastrophe, before using a fireplace that has sat idle and unused for many years.
- The average masonry chimney repair is 1 to 2 days.
- The average stainless steel liner install with masonry repairs is 3 days.
- For custom parts, on average wait time is anywhere from a month to a month and 1/2.
Average prefabricated chimney repairs is 1 to 2 days.
- Prefabricated replacement is 3 to 4 days. Average wait time for parts is anywhere from two weeks to a month.
One of the frequent issues we come across is chimney odor. Here are some of the more common reasons why and the solutions.
1) The damper isn’t closed.
2) Making sure you have a cap and damper installed.
3) The chimney is not drafting properly, which could be multiple of issues. At that point, I would suggest an inspection.
4) The wood you are using is unseasoned, which means it hasn’t dried long enough. Using properly seasoned wood and the right types of wood, is important. One to avoid is eucalyptus.